Tips on Timing Your Euro Trips by Season
Believe it or not, some things really are better in the winter:
1.) Prague, Czech Republic
Prague in the wintertime is incredibly magical and gives the city an even more mysterious feel than it already has. Scour the many Christmas markets in Old Town Square but make sure your hands aren’t too full so you can grab a warm beverage at one of Prague’s many quaint cafés!
Here are some fantastic hand-picked hotels just minutes from the heart of Prague:
- The Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague https://ther8.com/augustine-hotel-prague
- Buddha-Bar Hotel, Prague https://ther8.com/buddha-bar-hotel-prague
- Aria Hotel, Prague https://ther8.com/prague-aria-hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Prague https://ther8.com/mandarin-oriental-prague-hotel
2.) Mont Blanc, France
Dreaming of a winter wonderland? Look no further. Mount Blanc is the perfect escape for ski bunnies and spa lovers alike. The French Alps is a dream for those who are looking to spend the weekend hitting the slopes and ending the day with some little ski town shopping and hot chocolate. If you’re not a fan of snow sports then that’s no problem because Mount Blanc boasts some of the most elegant and luxurious spas in the world- so you can pamper while staying warm.
Travelling to Mont Blanc? Try these top of the line hotels:
- L’héliopic Sweet & Spa (Chamoinx-Mont-Blanc, France) https://ther8.com/chamonix-mont-blanc-lh-liopic-sweet-spa-hotel
- Au Coeur du Village (La Clusaz, France) https://ther8.com/la-clusaz-au-coeur-du-village-hotel
- Les Fermes De Marie (Megeve, France) https://ther8.com/megeve-les-fermes-de-marie-hotel
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Arc 1950 Le Village (Bourg-Saint-Maurice, France) https://ther8.com/bourg-saint-maurice-pierre-vacances-premium-arc-1950-le-village-hotel
In the spring flowers are blooming and these cities will be too!
3.) Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam in April is the perfect time to frolic through a row of rainbow tulips that will certainly leave your head in the clouds. Known for its spectacular landscape, The Netherlands is the perfect spring getaway and a great time to visit one of the city’s many colourful flower markets!
Planning your spring escape to The Netherlands? Here are some hot picks for luxury hotels:
- Conservatorium Hotel (Amsterdam, Netherlands) https://ther8.com/amsterdam-conservatorium-hotel
- De L’Europe Amsterdam https://ther8.com/de-leurope-amsterdam-hotel
- Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam https://ther8.com/grand-hotel-amr-th-amsterdam
- NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace https://ther8.com/nh-amsterdam-barbizon-palace-hotel
4.) Paris, France
“Paris is always a good idea”, as Audrey Hepburn once said. She’s definitely got that one right. Skip the large tourist crowds that usually begin to invade Paris in June and take in the City of Love with visits to the gardens and picnics beneath the cherry blossoms at the Tour Eiffel. Bon voyage!
Dreaming of a picnic in Paris this spring? Check out these hot hotels near The Champ de Mars:
- Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s (Paris, France) https://ther8.com/paris-h-tel-fouquet-s-barri-re-hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel (Paris, France) https://ther8.com/shangri-la-hotel-paris
- Citadines Suites Louvre Paris (Paris, France) https://ther8.com/citadines-suites-louvre-paris-hotel
- Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris (Paris, France) https://ther8.com/le-royal-monceau-raffles-paris-hotel
Ahh.. sweet summertime! Set sail across the majestic islands of these sightly spots:
Treat yourself to paradise this summer and capture the beauty of dazzling turquoise waters with a trip to the Greek Islands. Travel to Santorini and admire the complete harmony of whitewashed architecture and churches famous for their charm. Cool off with a trip to Mykonos, Greece’s glamorous island known for its pristine beaches and crystal waters.
Cooling down this summer in the Greek Islands? Find the best selections here:
- Kivotos Luxury Boutique Hotel (Mykonos, Greece) https://ther8.com/mykonos-kivotos-luxury-boutique-hotel
- Ostraco Suites (Mykonos, Greece) https://ther8.com/mykonos-ostraco-suites-hotel
- Katikies Hotel (Santorini, Greece) https://ther8.com/santorini-katikies-hotel
- St. John Villas and Spa (Zakynthos, Greece) https://ther8.com/zakynthos-st-john-villas-and-spa-hotel
Visit Italy this summer and find yourself swooning over the charming islands of Capri. If you’re not taking a dip in the waters of one of Italy’s gorgeous beaches, take a trip to Venice and cool down with some delicious gelato. These are just a few of many reasons why Italy is just exceptional during the months of summer! And, let’s face it, wine tasting is always better in the summer and there’s no better place to do it than in the vineyards of Tuscany. Cheers!
Getting ready to pack your bags for a summer in Italia? Check out these spectacular hotels first:
- Hotel Punta Tragara (Capri, Italy) https://ther8.com/capri-hotel-punta-tragara
- San Clemente Palace Kempinski Venice (Venice, Italy) https://ther8.com/the-st-regis-venice-san-clemente-palace-hotel
- Relais Paradiso (Vietri Sul Mare, Italy) https://ther8.com/vietri-sul-mare-relais-paradiso-hotel
- NH Collection Grand Hotel di Amalfi (Amalfi, Italy) https://ther8.com/nh-collection-grand-hotel-convento-di-amalfi
For the Autumn Lovers:
No matter the season, the views you will see at the windswept Cliffs of Moher will never disappoint. But with autumn in the air, the scenery will look even more outstanding. Ireland during this season is still mild enough to go outside and enjoy the beautiful landscape, so you can leave your hefty winter coats behind. For more breathtaking sights in Ireland visit the Ring of Kerry, where you will find a wealth of things to see from majestic castles to spectacular lakes.
If you’re thinking about travelling to Ireland in the autumn, look into these hot spots:
- The Merrion (Dublin, Ireland) https://ther8.com/dublin-the-merrion-hotel
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel (Dublin, Ireland) https://ther8.com/dublin-the-fitzwilliam-hotel
- The Westbury Hotel (Dublin, Ireland) https://ther8.com/dublin-the-westbury-hotel
- Trinity City Hotel (Dublin, Ireland) https://ther8.com/dublin-trinity-city-hotel
Experience Scotland during autumn and find yourself lusting after its brilliant landscapes. Roam through the brisk air with a walk through Edinburgh’s Royal Botanical Gardens where you will see an array of beautiful shades that will be sure to please. And of course you will not want to miss a viewing of the iconic Edinburgh Castle, which looks great any time of the year.
Longing for a gorgeous autumn away? Try these amazing hotels:
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel (Fort William, United Kingdom) https://ther8.com/fort-william-inverlochy-castle-hotel
- The Balmoral Hotel (Edinburgh, Scotland) https://ther8.com/edinburgh-the-balmoral-hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh- The Caledonian (Edinburgh, Scotland) https://ther8.com/waldorf-astoria-edinburgh-the-caledonian-hotel
- G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) https://ther8.com/g-v-royal-mile-hotel-edinburgh
Which season will you choose?
Call our free concierge service on 1800 908 254 and one of our travel experts will be happy to assist you with your booking!
P: 1800 908 254